26 March 2012

Citrus & Ginger Earl Grey Ice Tea




Ingredients:

4 Earl Grey tea bags
1 Orange
1 Lemon
1 Lime
1 bottle Ginger ale
4 tablespoons brown sugar


How to make:
  • Put the four teabags in a mug and fill with boiling water. 
    Leave to brew for 4-5mins.
    (You can use plain teabags but the bergamot in the Earl Grey is a delicious touch)
  • Remove teabags and add the sugar before placing the mug of tea to cool in the fridge.
  • Chop fruit into chunky pieces and place in the jug with plenty of ice cubes.
  • When the tea has cooled (you can speed up this process by adding cold water to the mixture) add it to the jug.
  • Then add the ginger ale to fill the jug (you can also use lemonade if you don't like ginger, but it gives the tea a real good kick).
  • Stir the mixture well, making sure the juices are extracted from the fruit.
  • Pour and enjoy on a lovely sunny day out in the garden!
    It' nice if you put a piece of fruit in your glass with some ice to keep it fresh.
  • If you make a large jug, you can easily bottle your tea and store it in the fridge to drink later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I was born and grew up in the city of Wolverhampton where I went to school and studied A-Levels. I lived in Walsall for the two years of my life before coming to university in Nottingham where I now live. I graduated in Summer 2012 with a degree in Theology, and currently study an MA in Systematic & Philosophical Theology. I enjoy contemporary dance, travelling, literature, live music, being a connoisseur of hot beverages and liberating the oppressed. I have written for 'The Mic' magazine and held the position of Editor for the Women's Network magazine, 'Artemis'. I wouldn't be anything without my God, the beautiful author of life. Any feedback on my blogs is much appreciated.